Thursday, June 7, 2012

The End and the Beginning

I remember the day in October when I pulled into Borger, TX with my family and many of the Church members were at the house waiting for us to help us unpack.  We were sure that the Lord had called us to this place to make some major changes and do some major things for the Kingdom of God.  Being 31, I had not yet learned the timing of God or of a man’s heart to change.  We had a long “row to hoe.”  When God sends me to a place, I know that I am there to stay until he says otherwise.  I have been moved by the Lord on many occasions and become accustomed to digging in for the task at hand.  And now almost 12 years later, I have heard the voice of the Lord again calling me to a new place and a new adventure.  I realize I just skipped over a huge amount of activity as the Lord took this little country Church and turned it into a powerhouse for His Kingdom’s sake.  We have been called “The little Church that does Big things for God.”  I have often thought of writing a book of how God transformed this place, and still might, so I will table all that discussion for now.  Discipleship has been and continues to be our strong suit, and so it should be no surprise that I worked myself out of a job.  I believe God has raised up a man that will lead this Church in the ways of the Lord and into the next era of growth and expansion.  This is a blessing to my heart.  This transition is the way it is supposed to be.  No scandal! No sin! No hard feeling!  No secret board meeting! No running out of town!  Just God’s people watching God at work. (If you are hearing rumors to contrary, don’t believe them.)  The Church is sound and the timing is the Lord’s.  I knew that I was called here for a specific time and task, and I believe we have accomplished the desires of the Lord for me in this place.

I will say this is the first time God has called me away from something without giving me clear direction on where I am going, but just I Abraham I will go and he will show me the land in which I am to dwell.  God has always been so faithful to me, and there is no reason for me to doubt him now.  I am excited about all that God has for Fellowship, and at the same time excited for whatever God has for me and my family.  We will be moving to Atlanta where my family is until we receive clear direction from the Lord.  I haven’t lived in the same town as my family since I was 18.  So, I’m looking forward to spending to time with them, even if it is just a short time.  I would ask that you would pray for direction and clarity in the will of the Lord.  I have not been know for patience which is probably the reason the Lord sent me to Borger in the first place.  I am hoping I have learned to wait on the Lord and seek his face.  I know that he will guide me in all his ways as I seek to follow him.

God Bless.  (to be continued)

1 comment:

  1. i was going back and re-reading some of your blogs. I really hope that the Lord allows some time for you to write some books.....especially if you write one about the work God did here....and you mention me of course...:P

    I love you brother. I haven't talked to you really since you left. i need to change that. I hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete